GPA AND CSX MOVE INTERMODAL
CARGO MORE EFFICIENTLY
The Appalachian Regional Port (ARP) provides a powerful new gateway to global markets.
• The Appalachian Regional Port offers an efficient solution to hours of service/ELD supply chain challenges.
• Each round-trip container moved via the ARP will offset 710 truck miles on Georgia highways.
• Offers exclusive CSX service on a direct, 388-mile rail route to/from the Georgia Ports Authority’s Garden City Terminal.
• Provides an alternative to an all-truck dray to/from the deepwater Port of Savannah for target markets in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Kentucky.
• Import and export intermodal service available.
• Located in an industrial belt, including the production and export of carpet and flooring, automobiles and tires.
• Sits on 42 acres in Northwest Georgia’s Murray County. The site features easy access to Interstate 75 and U.S. 411, as well as direct rail service to Savannah.
• The facility has a capacity of 50,000 containers per year. A 10-year development plan will then double that capacity.